"On the 7th November,1855, at Gunfire, George Green will auction Lord Petre’s Section-Thorndon Park - Section 298".
Payment will be ¼ cash at auction, and the balance at 3, 6, and 9 months.
So began the origin of the Reservoir Hotel at Thorndon Park, which opened its doors on the 22nd December,1858.
In 1965, Fred & Lorna Hamood purchased the "Reservoir Hotel" and the property and ran it until 1969 when they leased out the business only.
40 years later the Hamood family, in 2009, resumed management of the hotel and renamed it "Rezz".
The focus is now to transform Rezz into a family and community focused venue, in the true traditions of Mediterranean hospitality.